Ah, Students
A student in my course on the Best Man Ever came to see me today for advice about missing a number of classes during the last weeks of the semester.
I pulled out the course syllabus to discuss the topics that would be covered during the classes and the assignments that would be due.
At the end of our discussion, s/he pointed at the syllabus and asked, "Do you have another one of those pamphlets? I don't think that I ever got one."
Yes, five weeks from the end of classes and this student finally realizes that s/he might want a copy of the syllabus.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes we lose things, or were too embarrassed to ask...
Sometimes we are undergrads with our brains in our hormones rather than our books.
Ok, I'm undergrad-bitter. I confess.
CM: Actually, this student registered late for the course. So, s/he probably never had one to begin with.
LD: As you'll see in my post, I thought that college was about books and learning. Wow, I really wasn't a typical undergrad, was I?
Post a Comment