Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break

For a number of reasons, going to Intimate Conference was an excellent thing to do.

  • I had a long chat with Advisor and received some very good advice about the dissertation, starting on the tenure track, and executing a research agenda.
  • I roomed with Best School Friend and we caught up on our lives (and gossip) and had some good conversations.
  • A number of my future colleagues at First-Choice U were present and I had the opportunity to learn a bit more about how the department works.
  • The inside candidate was more than civil: s/he was friendly and doesn't seem to harbour any hard feelings.
In spite of all these good things, I must confess that I've been playing catch-up all week. A number of class preps have been completed only minutes before class starts. Very little grading has been done. And my dissertation files are collecting dust.

Fortunately, Spring Break has arrived at SLAC, when students get a break and professors get caught up.

Yes, there is grading to complete and assignments to design. But I'm hopeful that I'll have a few days devoted to my dissertation.

And now, to get down to work...

No comments: