A Reminder
I sometimes forget that my days as a student are over (I know, I know, my dissertation isn't done, but it's almost done, I swear!).
After the mid-term exam today, I chatted with one of my students about hir plans for spring break.
S/he was headed out-of-state and was trying to find a ride to the airport. I suggested that if s/he couldn't arrange a ride, s/he could always take the shuttle that runs between SmallTown and the airport.
My student's response: "Yeah, I know, but I'm trying to save my money."
In that moment, I was reminded that I'm really not a student any more.
I'm a real adult now, with a real salary, and I can afford things like the shuttle to the airport.
What a nice reminder as I start my spring break.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment