Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I Can't Believe That I'm Even Considering This

Each year, I usually present at two conferences, at Small Society and Big Society's Annual Meetings.

This year, however, I likely won't be able to attend Small Society's meeting because my school year will only just have ended. And after looking at the call for papers for Big Society's meeting, I don't think that there are any sessions in which I can present my current research.

But I don't really want a whole year in which I don't present (even if I will defend my dissertation this year).

I attended a small conference last March that focuses on one particular approach to the Good Book. And today I received an email from the secretary of this group: they're still looking for papers for this year's meeting.

Because I attended last year, I would be eligible to present. But as the papers are all read in advance, I would need to have the paper completed by the end of the month.

And despite the fact that I'm currently teaching a new course and that I need to finish my dissertation this month, I actually found myself thinking,

"You know, it would be a good opportunity to present if I could just think of a good paper topic..."

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Stop it! You have a dissertation to defend.

:-)

Scholar Wannabe said...

I know, I know!

But, what if I presented a small portion of that dissertation?