A Difference of Opinions
Today's in-class activity (think arts-and-crafts: scissors, construction paper, and glue sticks) took much longer than I had anticipated.
I thought that 60 minutes would be enough. But it wasn't. 90 minutes wasn't enough either.
Since I had announced that we would be watching a movie in-class later this week, one of the students suggested that they finish up the activity during tomorrow's class while watching the movie.
As a person who detests multi-tasking, I don't see the appeal of this solution. If I'm going to watch a movie, then I just watch the movie. (And if you bother me while I'm watching, I'm liable to bite your head off...)
The other students, however, liked this idea very much, so I agreed.
Still, I'm quite puzzled over our differences of opinion. Is it because I'm older? Is it because I'm a scholar-wannabe? Is it a personality issue?
And now that I've blogged about it, I'll set the issue aside as I turn my attention to the reading that I need to complete today.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is because you, my dear friend, does everything in a well-focused manner. Which, in my unfocused world, is a much needed commodity!
sorry. you do, not you does.
but yous does!
I have to admit that the idea that I qualify as "focused" is surprising to me.
Do you mean to say that everybody ISN'T this way?
No. Everybody isn't this way.
(waiting for SW to ask again, "really?") :-)
LD: Everybody REALLY isn't this way?
REALLY?!?
;)
Post a Comment