Bribing Myself
After submitting Chapter 3 late Saturday afternoon, I thought that I would make a good start on Chapter 4 on Sunday.
But after 6 hours in the office on Sunday afternoon, I had done only 1 hour of reading.
No matter, I told myself. I probably needed to rest a bit after submitting Chapter 3.
The problem is that I find myself unmotivated today, as well. Perhaps it's the weather. Or the fact that I'm overwhelmed by the amount of work that I have to do.
However, I MUST finish reading one book today. And prep for class tomorrow. And edit some articles for Prof. Mom.
So, I have decided to bribe myself: if (when) I finish the necessary reading, I will reward myself with fries from the cafeteria.
Terrible, I know. But necessary, nonetheless.
ETA: I did finish the necessary reading. And I did reward myself with fries. SO delicious!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats! (I do like fries)
Post a Comment