On Beginnings, Middles, and Endings
The beginning of my day was not good. In my first section of Good Book Intro, I kept confusing my students as I continually mixed up the names of the biographers of the Best Man Ever.
And the middle of my day got worse. In my second section, I unintentionally hurt the feelings of one of my favourite students (yes, I know that I'm not supposed to have favourites, but there are students that you like to teach and students that you don't). My apology to the student was accepted and appreciated, but I still spent the afternoon beating myself up.
Then tomorrow's lecture took twice as long to prepare as I thought it would, as I struggled with my fatigue (read: exhaustion!) and stress. And that's why I'm only heading home now.
But the ending of my day is nothing like its beginning and middle.
Why? Because I just received an email from Cool Priest (remember him?).
He's going to Big Society's Annual Meeting next week. And he wants to know if I'm going.
I am, indeed. And I strongly suspect that I am going to see Cool Priest.
The ending of my day almost makes the beginning and the middle worthwhile...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment