Mortified
I teach a class at 9:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
In order to arrive in time for this class, I need to be up no later than 7:00 a.m. (this allows time for showering, dressing, and eating breakfast).
But guess who slept through her alarm this morning?
I awoke at 8:58 a.m. and groggily wondered why it was so bright outside when my alarm hadn't even gone off yet. And then I realized that it must be later than I thought.
There was no way to be presentable and still get to class on time, so I missed the class entirely.
I've made my confession to my department chair. He laughed, advised me to send an email to the students explaining what had happened, and accepted my solemn word that this wouldn't happen again.
In short, I'm not in trouble. But I'm still pretty mortified...
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment