Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holding My Breath

I wrote with certainty in this post that I didn't get the job for which I interviewed.

I had been informed at the interview that a decision about who would be invited for campus visits would be made at a meeting that would take place during the first week of December. And since I had not heard anything by the end of the second week of December, I reasoned that I had not been selected for a campus visit.

But I received an email today informing me that aforementioned meeting has been postponed until the end of January.

On the one hand, I'm glad to hear that I'm not out of the running yet. (Does it bode well that they were impressed with my file?) On the other hand, it means that I'll be holding my breath for another month.

I still think that I would be good for this school and that this school would be good for me. And I want the job badly enough that I'll keep holding my breath.

But this waiting business is turning out to be quite suffocating, indeed.

1 comment:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I'll breathe on your behalf.

*inhale* *exhale*