Disappointed
Remember that interview I had in Boston?
At the end of the interview, I was told that a meeting would take place on December 4 to determine who would be invited for a campus visit (the next step in the process).
On the basis of what I know of this school and this faculty, I would have to say that I'm a really good fit. And Advisor knows my interviewers and they had indicated to him that they had been really impressed with me at my interview. So, I had really hoped that I would be short-listed for a campus visit.
But they met last Thursday and I still haven't heard from them.
So, I've stopped holding my breath and have decided to be quietly disappointed that I didn't make this cut.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
=( after reading this i'm feeling a sad "pit in the stomach" feeling for you. so dissapointing! =(
there is always that chance that they did not meet for some odd reason... but i guess it's best not to keep your hopes too high. =(
Thanks, BW!!!!
You always know exactly what to say in order to make me feel better! =)
Better to be on the disappointed side. "Pleasantly surprised" is a much easier emotion to re-adopt. I say this from personal experience having been disappointed after some silence.
Post a Comment