My Real Life (Percolating)
When I was living at The School, I would often find myself going for a walk in the late afternoon for no particular reason at all.
I didn't need to run an errand. I didn't have an appointment to meet anyone. And there wasn't anything in particular that I wanted to see.
But I would go for a walk simply because I needed to. (I often stopped at the bakery and purchased blueberry pastries.)
I spent the morning and afternoon working on The Thesis today. And by the late afternoon, I found myself needing to go for a walk.
The pre-TLWTMS ScholarWannabe would have procured a cup of coffee and then grit her teeth to get back to work. The Thesis won't write itself, after all.
But the post-TLWTMS ScholarWannabe found herself going for a walk simply because she needed to. (She even stopped to treat herself to some frozen yogurt.)
Something from my life in TLWTMS is clearly percolating in my life in Hometown.
I don't yet know what this something is, precisely, but I suspect that that something is here to stay...
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:-)
Post a Comment