Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Something I Never Thought I'd Buy

When I embarked on this crazy journey to becoming a scholar-in-actuality, I knew that certain types of purchases would be involved.

Books, memberships to professional societies, school supplies, research-related software.

But I never thought that I'd ever need to buy one of these.

So, I guess it's true: you're never safe from surprises until you're dead...

3 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Okay, so I see the kind it is. Question remains: why so specific?

busterwife said...

oooooo... cool! now you can be just like Indiana Jones. = )

Scholar Wannabe said...

LD: The short answer is: because the dig director instructed us to purchase this one.

But other archaeologists recommend this size as the appropriate one and this type of handle as it will prevent callouses and minimize the force conducted through the trowel to my arm (sore elbows are a common problem).

BW: When I was in Rock City, the sign over the souvenir shop actually featured ol' Indie!