Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Real Life

It amazes me that in a mere four months, I've managed to forget all of the habits and rhythms that make up My Real Life in Hometown.

Take breakfast, for instance. Making tea and toast is not particularly complicated. But I'm still scratching my head over things like "Which cupboard are the teacups stored?" and "How does this toaster work, exactly?"

Going down to school is another rhythm that I'm re-learning. Pack my bag, make my lunch, and leave a note stating what time I'll be home. Not rocket science, either. But I still make a list the night before so that I won't forget anything.

It's not difficult to re-learn these habits and rhythms. But I expected my homecoming to feel like I was coming home.

Instead, I find that it feels like I've entered into a strange, new world.

With each passing day, I do find that My Real Life feels slightly less strange and slightly more familiar.

But at this rate, I'll have readjusted to My Real Life just in time to go back to TLWTMS.

No comments: