North Country – The Lake
We stayed in a hostel on the south-western shore of The Lake.
The Lake is small enough that one can see right across to the opposite shore. In fact, if one is up high enough, one can see the whole lake at a single glance. And since my room at the hostel overlooked The Lake, I spent most evenings doing just that: sitting and looking over to the other side.
On the northern shore, you can see the fishing villages that were the hometowns of the students of The Best Man Ever. Or you can watch the boats go back and forth across the water. Some pack a picnic and spend the day at the beach. Many go swimming in The Lake, and some even go windsurfing (the temperature of the water is already perfect for such activities). And on the last night, I had dinner right on the edge of the water.
I never learned how to swim and have a small phobia of water bodies (being pushed into the deep end every time you’re near a pool will do that to you).
But I might learn ‘cause I’d really like to be able to go swimming in The Lake.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment