North Country – Hugs and Kisses
By North American standards, I’m not a particularly physically affectionate person. I might hug you, but only on special occasions. And kisses are absolutely out of the question.
Unless, of course, The Boat is involved.
Going to see The Boat wasn’t on the original program. But we were staying only a ten-minute drive away from the museum that houses it. So, I begged Program Co-ordinator to squeeze it in.
I didn’t really expect my request to be granted, so I was quite surprised to find our bus turning into the museum’s parking lot late Wednesday afternoon.
I got to see The Boat, circle it, and (of course) photograph it. As I had expected, The Boat is displayed in a darkened temperature- and humidity-controlled room. But it’s bigger and wider than I had pictured it.
I could have stayed much longer. And I was the last one out of the display room when I was finally dragged away.
I don’t think that Program Co-ordinator had fully realized how much I had wanted to see The Boat. But he certainly knows now. Because as I boarded the bus, I thanked him not only with words, but also with a kiss on each cheek.
What can I say?
When The Boat is involved, a hug is just not enough
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha ha!!!
wow! talk about serious joy bubbling over!! = )
Post a Comment