Gone (On Mornings)
TLWTMS, oh how it's changing me!
In Hometown, I have two alarms set each morning. One on each side of the bed. So that if I sleep through one, I might not sleep through the other.
But most mornings, I still need a family member to knock on my bedroom door to ensure that I get up on time.
But here in TLWTMS, I've been managing to get up on time all by myself.
It started with the bells that ring every morning at 7:20 a.m. each morning. They're intended to remind the brothers to go to office at 7:30 a.m. But what they signalled to me was the fact that if I don't get out of bed right that second, I wouldn't have any hot water for my shower.
And I generally like to avoid cold showers.
And then there were the trips to the Cave Community, Waterfall Park, and Fortress Mountain that required me to be up by 5:30 a.m. If I didn't get out of bed, then I'd be hiking and climbing on an empty stomach. Or worse yet, I'd miss the trips entirely.
And I couldn't miss these trips.
And over the Big Weekend, there were events all over The City. Those started at 6 a.m. or 6:30 a.m. But if you actually wanted to get in, you needed to be lined up at the doors by 5 a.m. or 5:30 a.m. So I hauled my body out of bed at 4 a.m.
Because it isn't the Big Weekend every weekend in TLWTMS.
I've been a night-owl my entire life.
But TLWTMS, oh how it's changing me!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment