Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Gone (An Open Letter)

Dear Flower Priest,

A strange thing happened to me today.

I was working in my room when I decided to take a break and to make myself a cup of tea. While I had been working, I'm quite sure that no one had knocked on my door. But when I came out, I noticed that a package had been left for me on my doorstep. Upon closer examination, the package turned out to be a potted African violet.

There was no note left, so I'm not entirely sure who left the plant. But there were also no instructions left about how to care for the plant.

I'm quite sure that you have an African violet, so you might have some answers to my questions. You see, I am no expert on plants. In fact, most plants die when I care for them. And I would like for this violet to NOT die.

So, how much light does it need? (Should I place it next to my window to have more sunlight?) And how often should I water it? And how much water?

I sure would like to know who left the plant on my doorstep.

'Cause I'd like to thank them for making me smile.

Scholar-Wannabe

No comments: