The End of the Waiting Game
I’ve mentioned in this post and this post that March has been a month of waiting for me. There was just one more thing about which I was waiting to hear.
Because one of the Big Boys of North Country will be on sabbatical next year, there was a one-year position available at his school that essentially entails covering his courses. On the advice of Advisor, I applied for the position.
I didn’t get the position.
Cognitively, I know that I shouldn’t be so anxious to get ahead of myself. Finishing The Thesis logically precedes landing a job.
I also know that this isn’t a reflection on my own abilities. The person who was hired studies an entirely different geographical and chronological period than mine and will start the job with degree in hand.
And I know that if I had gotten the position, then I probably wouldn’t have been able to handle everything. Small Society’s Annual Meeting, digging in North Country, Big Society’s Annual Meeting, moving from Hometown, Cold Country to Rainy State, Different Country, finishing The Thesis, and teaching courses (3+3) all in a nine-month period would have been a bit much even for me.
But I’m still a little bit bummed out. Not a lot. Just a little.
‘Cause two out of three is really nothing to be ashamed about.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And there is such a thing as a guidance via a "closed door," no?
L.D.: Thanks for your comment.
I needed to be reminded of that.
Post a Comment