ScholarWannabe Goes To Boston
Big Society's Annual Meeting will be held in Boston in November of this year.
I submitted an abstract for one of the sessions at the end of February. The abstract is based on a chapter from The Thesis. I can see pursuing this field of study over the long-term and having my research defined by this topic.
So, I was very keen to have my abstract accepted.
I didn't expect to hear from the committee until the beginning of April, but I received an email from them this morning: My abstract has been accepted!
Most of my days as a scholar-wannabe are filled with self-doubt (Why am I pursuing a graduate degree? What if I'm not smart enough to succeed in the academy? What if I'm never employed?).
But today is not one of those days.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
weehoo! that is great news. congratulations!
Post a Comment