Gone (Walking Softly)
I’m going to Fortress Mountain tomorrow.
I’ve been instructed to pack a bag-lunch (since it’s a day trip), to wear good hiking shoes (since there will be climbing), and to bring two litres of water (since we’ll be in the desert).
Of course, I’ve made my own addition to the instructions: since it’s Fortress Mountain, I’ll need to bring my photography gear.
After all, one simply cannot go to Fortress Mountain without one’s camera, so I’ve put it in my backpack.
And since one doesn’t want to be caught with dead batteries or a full memory card, I’m bringing extras of those as well.
But most importantly, since one never knows what kinds of lighting conditions will be encountered and one doesn’t like how using the flash washes out colours in pictures, I’ve packed my tripod as well.
The pragmatist within me advises me to travel light and to leave the accessories at home (particularly since we all know how much city girls love climbing).
But the photographer within me simply scoffs and responds:
Walk softly and carry the telescoping tripod.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's times like these that you wish you had an inflatable tripod.
BW: Ha!!
Is there really such a thing? =D
Post a Comment