Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gone (It Never Rains…)

Winter in TLWTMS is from November to February and is marked by heavy rain. Winter in Home Country, on the other hand, is from October to May and is marked by heavy snow. And as a veritable daughter of my home country, I have been missing the sight of snow so much that it hurts.

As I exited the library and headed back to my dormitory last night, I was greeted with the sight of heavy rain and, being umbrella-less, had to make a mad dash right through it (with my laptop, no less).

Little did I know that the temperature would drop through the night. And when I awoke this morning, this is what I saw outside my window:






















I practically danced through the snow as I made my way from the dormitory to the meal hall. (I did manage not to lie down in the snow and make snow angels. Oh, what a wasted opportunity!)

When the snow finally melts, do you suppose it will become milk and honey?

2 comments:

busterwife said...

you know, your pics make me think of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. : )
so cool!

Scholar Wannabe said...

Aww, my pics actually remind people of something!

Good thing I snapped those pics when I did: it was simply rain an hour later.