Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gone (All Work, and No Play…)

… makes ScholarWannabe a dull girl. So, I went out to play yesterday. I hadn’t planned to, you understand. But being in TLWTMS has a way of disrupting my plans to work.

I had planned a whole morning of work, but I needed to run some errands and take care of some administrative issues at the school.

Well, by lunchtime, I had only worked for an hour.

I had also planned a whole afternoon of work, but I received and accepted an invitation to go explore some underground pools and to see the hill that The Best Man Ever shared with two thieves.

Well, by dinnertime, I had only worked another hour.

And, of course, I had planned a whole evening of work, but I received and accepted an invitation to go see the Old City at night.

Well, by bedtime, I had only worked a miniscule half-hour.

But fear not that I will be "all play and no work."

After all, I’ve got a whole day of work planned for today.

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Finally, you're sounding like me! (Not that one should necessarily aspire to that.)

Scholar Wannabe said...

You know, W.O., I actually struggle, like all scholar-wannabes, to get my work done.

My supposed "work ethic" is just a smoke screen. =D