Gone (Deja-Vu All Over Again)
I've been out to the Old City three times now. Twice with people from the school and once on my own (I got lost, of course. Fortunately, I encountered a Catholic sister who gave me directions to the nearest exit from the Old City).
I've studied the sites extensively: the wall placements, the stones and the style in which they were cut, the location of pools and towers and gates. I've read about them (primary and secondary literature), studied diagrams, and looked at pictures.
Apparently, I've actually retained information from all of my studying.
Despite the fact that I've never been to any of these places or seen any of these structures, I actually recognize them.
I must confess that it's the strangest feeling to recognize things on my virgin trip to TLWTMS.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment