Gone (Spoke Too Soon)
Since I slept right through my first night in TLWTMS, I naively assumed that jetlag was not going to be an issue for me.
How wrong I was.
Being a bit of a night owl, my most awake hours are in the evening and early hours of the next morning. But there's a seven hour time difference between here and Hometown. So, when my body starts feeling alert at what it thinks is 7 p.m., I'm lying awake in bed at 2 a.m.
And just when I start to fall asleep, at what my body thinks is midnight, my alarm goes off to get out of bed at 7 a.m. (breakfast only runs from 6-9 a.m., so if I want to eat, I've got to get out of bed!).
Suffice to say, jetlag is not a lot of fun.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ya, the same thing happened to us during our last trip. we slept through the first night miraculously. but after that it got REALLY ugly... good luck kicking it! try not to take any long naps and you should be fine in a few days.
you can do it! soon, waking up at 3am will be a dim memory and you'll have found the best coffee with seats and tables in your timezone. :)
B.W.: I'm afraid that I did take a nap one afternoon (about 2 hours). I knew I ought not to, but I was so very tired!
Q: I actually arrived in TLWTMS with a list of recommended coffee houses. (I really don't think that you're surprised about that!)
Post a Comment