The Waiting Game (It's Un-Official)
Throughout my time in grad school, I've found that certain gaps exist between the ideals outlined in a school's handbook and reality.
I have discovered another gap.
The school handbook clearly indicates that before I may proceed with The Thesis, The Proposal must first be approved by Advisor, then by the Thesis Committee, and, finally, by the Department.
The reality is that once I have received Advisor's approval, I can proceed with The Thesis.
So, I guess it's unofficial: I'm thesis-ing.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We can't do that. We *have* to get committee approval. May thesising rest well upon you amidst all your ra-ing, ta-ing, and conference present-ing.
Thanks for your good wishes.
Over all, though, I'll do my thesising with greater comfort once it's all official.
Dude, there are too many un-official things in PhD :) Here in my university the advisor says you carry on with your research and we will take care of official formalities later on. He reckons most of these formalities are crap anyway.
Post a Comment