On Morals and Stories
I'm bummed out.
After submitting an abstract to Seminar in Europe, I received notification that I had made the first cut.
The seminar's organizer indicated not only to me, but also to Advisor (who wrote a reference letter for me), that my abstract was one of the two abstracts that actually fit the call for papers.
Since there were a dozen presentation spots, I thought that I would certainly make the final cut. I started applying for funds for travel and researching flights from Europe to TLWTMS. I was so certain that I would make the final cut that I even told my parents about this "pit-stop" in Europe.
But the organizer emailed yesterday to inform me that I hadn't made the final cut.
Advisor is surprised. And I'm bummed out.
The moral of the story:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Their loss!
W.O.: Thanks for the sympathy.
On the one hand, the email correspondence and the way that certain things were said (and not said) lead me to conclude that politics played into this decision. So, I'm trying not to take it personally.
On the other hand, job applications loom on my horizon, and with no peer-reviewed publications, another conference presentation would have looked REALLY good on my CV.
ooh, so dissapointing!!
Post a Comment