Thursday, September 27, 2007

Too Many Pies, Not Enough Fingers

It's official: I am swamped.

The original plan had been to focus on the Thesis this semester in order to have drafts of two to three chapters completed before heading off to TLWTMS. This was a completely achievable goal.

But I was offered a sessional position to teach the Theological Treatise and I couldn't turn that down.

And my abstract was accepted for the annual meeting of Big Society in November, so I couldn't turn that down either.

And I was offered two research assistantships (one with Prof. Busy Bee and one with Advisor), which I also didn't turn down.

And another abstract that I submitted was accepted for Seminar in Europe. I never thought that I would make it past the first cut. But they wrote two weeks ago to inform me that I had made the first cut. And they wrote again last week to inform me that I'm on the short list (I'm waiting to hear about the exact dates that they want me to be there). And I can't turn them down either.

Next semester, when I head off to TLWTMS, I'll only work on the Thesis.

Really.