An Above-Average Day
Yesterday was a below-average day.
I sat at my desk, pushed my papers around, and over the course of seven hours, I managed to edit only two measly pages of my proposal (it's going to be about twelve pages long).
Today was turning out to be an average day.
I sat at my desk, read useful books, and in the course of three hours, I managed to edit three more pages of my proposal.
But the day is now officially an above-average day, for when I went to the College to run off copies of my syllabus (with my very own copy code, no less!), I checked my mailbox to find a note indicating that a package was waiting for me at the front desk.
I opened the package, wondering what could possibly be inside. And when the packaging was removed, I discovered that it was a line-by-line discussion of the Theological Tractate!
I had forgotten that I had requested a desk copy from this publisher, but they did not forget.
Oh, it's a wonderful day when I get free books!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's only been six days, but the short time away from my prelim orals has dulled the excitement of seeing more new stuff written on my topic. And so I have only a lukewarm response to your free book: yay (no caps, no exclamation mark). I'm about to get back into the research again. Expect celebratory comments in future posts.
Post a Comment