Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Confessions of a Workaholic

As the new semester is now starting, accompanied by the repeated question, "What did you do this summer?", I thought that a review of my summer would be appropriate.

The short answer: I worked my butt off.

The long answer:

  • I worked 15-20 hours/week at the office.
  • I graded papers and did research for Prof. Mom.
  • I wrote a paper for a conference, went to the conference, and presented the paper.
  • I reviewed a book.
  • I created three indices for another book.
  • I prepared for my course. This involved designing readings and assignments and writing lectures (my lectures for September are all ready to go).
  • I worked on my thesis proposal. It should be submitted by the end of the week.
  • I started working with Prof. Busy-Bee (I'll write another post about that at some point in the future).

My fellow students will start their school year with tans, I know (they all went on vacations), while I will start my school year with bags under my eyes.

But this doesn't bother me a single bit because I'm really proud of the amount of work that I've accomplished this summer.

No comments: