Saturday, September 08, 2007

They Really Like Me

I would be the first to confess that I am not the best person with whom to study the Theological Tractate. Not that I'm the worst person with whom to study this work, but there are certainly people who are more knowledgeable about this work than I am.

So, it has amazed me that over the past month, students have actually enrolled to take this course with me. In fact, my enrollment numbers are comparable to those of my predecessor's (a tenured faculty member whose dissertation was solely focused upon this tractate).

I have been even more amazed that a significant number of these students are students whom I have taught before. Students who know that I am a tough grader, have endured my very dry wit, and have been the victims of my pedagogy have chosen to pay a great deal of money in order to take this course with me.

I feel very humbled and honoured.

No comments: