Monday, April 02, 2007

A Postponed Post

I should have written this post three weeks ago, but for reasons that will become apparent, I didn't.

My oral comp is scheduled for next Monday. Yes, folks, that's two and a half months after I wrote my last comp. I have counted the days.

The delay and the factors leading to it still rankle in my soul. It came down a political struggle with the Supervisor. I lost.

After spending three days weeping about it, I decided to focus on the postive things: Supervisor is on sabbatical next year, specializes in something other than what my thesis will be about, and will not have any more input into my course of study once my comps are completed.

So, the countdown to the end of my comps and the end of my time under Supervisor's thumb begins.

Let the cramming begin.

1 comment:

busterwife said...

and you even took time to thoroughly answer my email. i'm touched! (seriously, i am!) it was really helpful information. thanks so much. :-)
may God help you in your cramming!