Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Careful What You Wish For (Part 7)

The promise was that the kitchen renovations would be complete in two weeks.

The reality was that it took four-and-a-half weeks of dust, plaster, no running water, delays, and general chaos for the kitchen renovations to be completed.

Once again, stove, fridge, and kitchen sink (complete with running water!) reside in a single room. The cabinets are up and filled with the dishes. The tiles and furniture are all where they should be. We can even sit down at the kitchen table to eat.

The camera crews have come and gone. The TV segment has also aired. (I wanted to post the link, but I haven't been able to find it on their website thus far.)

And mom is now into serious party-planning mode. Her plans cover not only family, very-extended family, and all of her friends; they even go so far as to invite my friends and their significant others to bear witness to the new room that is her kitchen.

But mom is happy. And since mom is happy, we can all be happy.

And so I bring this series to a close with the words of the greatest man I've ever known:

It is finished.

4 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

***applause***

busterwife said...

you crack me up! i'm so glad for your family that it is finally "finished".

Scholar Wannabe said...

Busterwife: Umm...er...I don't think that anyone in my ENTIRE life has ever said that I crack them up.

It doesn't fit with the professional image that I want to project. =P

busterwife said...

well then, you probably shouldn't go around relating the finishing of a kitchen with the most cataclysmic event in the history of the world! wwaaa haaa haaaa!!! ;-P