A Tale of How Many Gentlemen?
On the subway today, I sat across from a...um...not-so-gentlemanly gentleman.
To be more specific, I sat across from a skinhead who was sporting both chains, and tattoos, (one which read "Iceman"), and very baggy, very low-riding pants and who was listening to a rapper on his Ipod (I could hear it from across the train). In the city where I live, this is not an uncommon sight.
The train filled up with passengers and I dozed off until, some stops later, I was awakened by the sound of someone saying, "Don't worry, sir. I've been sitting for the past hour and a half. Please take my seat."
I opened my eyes to the sight of the not-so-gentlemanly gentleman offering his seat to an elderly gentleman carrying heavy bags.
I guess some gentlemen operate incognito.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is so cool. isn't it weird being so surprised like that? that kind of thing has happened to me too. we are all so stuck in our stereotypes...
Post a Comment