Monday, September 11, 2006

Finish Comps by Thanksgiving?

Umm...maybe by the American one.

Although I'm now working on the last of five questions and need exegete only three texts (all of which I've worked on before), I will be bogged down and likely will not finish my comps by the Canadian Thanksgiving.

Why? Because I accepted a TAship for the fall semester.

Before y'all throw your heads up to chastize me on my workaholism and to preach the importance of graduating, I must insist that there is, indeed, method to my madness.

I've been TAing courses on everything in the Good Book's second half except the Gospels. But this course addresses only the Gospels. So, the method in my madness is to balance out my CV. Further, I really love teaching, I really miss being in the classroom when I'm away from it, and hope to circumvent an episode of withdrawal symptoms by getting back into the classroom. And, finally, an extra paycheque never hurt anyone.

Perhaps I am shekelistic after all...

3 comments:

busterwife said...

i think you and my husband have a lot in common... "let's see i have too much work to do already, but look at this great opportunity to do even MORE work. It's perfect because it will force me to learn even more stuff that I might not have the time to learn otherwise..." ha ha ha!! OK, I'm just poking fun. Even us stay-at-home-moms kind of do the same thing... starting new projects when we haven't finished the old ones yet, etc.
Must be part of the human condition. We always want more!

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

*nod*

Scholar Wannabe said...

W.O.: Excuse my inability to turn off my critical thinking, but what exactly are you nodding at?