Pride Goeth Before a Fall
The students in my class on the Letter Writer wrote their mid-term exam today.
As I distributed the exams, a number of them (majors, no less) expressed their confidence in their own abilities to do well on the exam in light of the time that they had spent studying.
I smiled, bit my tongue, and thought to myself, "Well, we'll see after I finish grading the exams."
Well, I just finished grading the exams (but only because it's a small class, because it was a short exam, and because I was trying to avoid another task that I find more distasteful than grading).
I do believe that my students studied. But in light of the 66% average, I don't believe that they know how to study.
(sigh)
I am not looking forward to returning these exams...
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment