Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A Benefit of Aging

I've been having "senior moments" more frequently.

Did I lock the front door? Do I have all of the right books for class with me? Did I send the promised book reference to a colleague? Did I get all of the groceries that I need at the grocery store?

While I make my lists (and check them regularly), there are still times when things are forgotten.

But this can be a good thing.

Like when you order a bunch of books (that are being paid for by someone else) and then forget that you ordered them, but then they arrive and you have no idea what's in that huge box, only to open the box and find a pile of books about North Country...

What can I say?

Books about North Country make me happy.

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

"North Country Dirge"

I shall always read her blog
And sigh
A Wannabe who became One
Unlike I

Scholar Wannabe said...

LDNM: I deliberately kept this pseudonym.

I'll need to write a post on this at some point, but I don't actually think that I became "one."

Maybe if I get tenure?