Thursday, June 03, 2010

Random Bullets
  • I submitted Chapter 4 last Monday. Advisor returned it with comments on Tuesday. I knew that it would need revisions, but I think that the revisions will mean writing only another 10-12 pages, which is not really a big deal.
  • I graded last Tuesday and Wednesday. I managed to submit the grades for one class. The exams and papers for the other classes went into the suitcase to grade back in Hometown.
  • On Thursday, I packed my office. Research stuff was shipped back to Hometown (I'm expecting those boxes tomorrow) and teaching stuff was shipped to First-Choice U (they were kind enough to offer to store my stuff until I arrive).
  • On Friday, I packed my apartment. (It was a bit tricky to get the furniture returned. Thank goodness for wonderful colleagues!)
  • On Saturday, I returned to Hometown (Little Sister picked me up at the airport). It's really nice to be back on my native soil.
  • Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: getting used to living with other people again and finishing the grading.
  • Today: clean and then write. (I left a much bigger mess behind than I had realized...)
And all of this while sick. I lost my voice for a few days and talking still causes lots of coughing.

Good thing that I can blog silently!

1 comment:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I've been coughing too. Just dry, hacking, and irritating.