Monday, March 15, 2010

I Will Never Understand Undergrads

As a professor, I can monitor how frequently a student has accessed my course websites and which resources they have viewed. This includes the instructions for the second short paper for my Good Book Intro that is due today.

A handful of my students failed the first paper miserably. And when did they access the instructions for the second paper, you ask?

Early this morning.

But even more shocking than this group of students are the students who failed the last paper and didn't access the instructions at all.

And all this in spite of my sending an email last Monday announcing that the instructions were posted and walking through the instructions with them in class last Wednesday.

(S.W. shakes head in disbelief)

Well, if they ever access the course website for their grades, they'll be in for a bit of a surprise...

3 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

nod

this is why i prefer mature students. they are so diligent! :-)

Scholar Wannabe said...

LD, the mature students might be diligent for you.

But I have to fight a different fight with them: why they should listen to someone who's not even old enough to be their child.

(Can you tell that I'm having a rough week pedagogically?)

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

"pole sana" as they say in kiswahili.