Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Shiny New Semester

The spring semester at SLAC starts tomorrow.

My syllabi and course websites are all ready. My "first day of class" speeches are also ready. And I've even started preparations for classes later in the week.

From all appearances, I'm ready to meet my shiny new semester.

Except that I'm entirely not ready.

I'm tired. And when I'm tired, I'm crabby. And when I'm crabby, I make mistakes, especially with students who think that my job is to hold their hands. And I don't even want to think about learning the names and faces of 60 students all at once.

*sigh*

Do you think that anyone would notice if I deferred the start of the new semester for another week?

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I think so.

At least 30% of the class would be missing their Best Teacher Ever.

Scholar Wannabe said...

Aww, shucks. *slight blush*

Thanks, LD. I really needed this encouragement.