Sunday, February 14, 2010

Phew!

Remember this post?

In Chapter 3, I dealt with a type of evidence of which I have a working knowledge; however, an expert I am not.

And so, the longer I waited for Advisor's feedback, the more anxious I became. Perhaps the feedback was slow to come because the chapter had so many flaws. If he requested significant changes, then my defense date would necessarily be pushed back (again).

Well, I finally received Advisor's feedback this evening.

Advisor thinks that the chapter is "very good." (I don't think that he's ever said about my work before!)

He thinks that my chapter needs some maps and more math. These are very easily supplied. Further, as my dissertation will be on the very short side (dissertations in my field are capped at 300 pages, but mine will very likely not even hit 150 pages), any simple additions that can add to the page quota are also happily supplied.

Now, if only Chapter 4 would write itself...

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I read a dissertation that was only a little over 100 pages long which my adviser thought was a good dissertation. Naturally, I rejoiced. :-)

Scholar Wannabe said...

How long are masters theses in your field?

They're about 100 pages in mine. So, a 120-page doctoral thesis isn't very impressive, I'm afraid.