Monday, February 01, 2010

My So-Called Week Off

Since J-term ended last Friday and Spring term doesn't start until next Monday, one might say that I have this week off.

One couldn't be more wrong, however.

This week's to-do list:
  • finish grading models from J-term
  • submit grades for J-term
  • prep syllabus for Good Book intro (recycle from last term)
  • prep syllabus for course on the Best Man Ever (my first time teaching this, so I'll have to start from scratch)
  • prep for next week's classes (total of 6 class periods)
  • write my first recommendation letter for student who wants to spend a semester in The City
  • editting for book project with Prof. Mom
  • conference call with Prof. Mom
  • prep for campus visit to First-Choice U
  • Dissertation: Chapter 4
The first two items are done (can someone please tell me how to strike things out?). And I still have six more days until Spring term starts.

What I don't have is a week off.

3 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Try using HTML tag s (with the < and > signs before and after) and /s (same signs) at the end of the sentence.

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I wish my list were as clean looking as yours. As it is, it looks like:

"dissworkterfamilytatrafficjamtation" with a big EXHAUSTED stuck in between somewhere.

Scholar Wannabe said...

LD, I tried the HTML tags, but they clearly didn't work.

Well, at least no one will know how much I DIDN'T get done except for me...