At Least I Think It Was
Some of my students confessed to pulling all-nighters last night in order to complete their models.
First, I expressed some empathy: "Yes, I remember pulling quite a few all-nighters during my own undergraduate career."
And then I offered some advice: "But try not to pull too many; it will ruin your own body's clock."
To which one of my students (who also took Good Book Intro with me last semester) responded, "I've pulled exactly two all-nighters since I started college...
... And both of them were for your classes."
What a nice compliment.
At least I think it was.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They will thank you for the learning later.
Much later.
Did I ever tell you about the revolt I got from my undergrad class? One of them actually said, "OMG, he's a PhD student, we're going to die!"
But, LD, I won't be around long enough for them to thank me later.
Besides, I need their thanks now to build a tenure file!
How very practical of you. ;-)
Post a Comment