Sunday, November 08, 2009

Is This Weird?

So, I'm interviewing for a number of tenure-track positions at Big Society's Annual Meeting.

All of the schools with whom I'm interviewing set up the interview time via email, with the exception of one. They emailed me to inform me that they would call to set up an interview time.

As I worked in my office on this lovely Sunday afternoon, the phone rang. As my students have a paper due tomorrow, I decided to let the call go
to voice mail (what if one of my students wanted to come to see me in my office on a Sunday afternoon to ask about tomorrow's paper? *shudder*).

When I checked my voice mail, the caller turned out to be the chair of the hiring committee of this last school. He left a message to the effect that he would call again to set up my interview time.

Is it just me, or is it weird that they would call on a Sunday afternoon to set up the interview time?