Amused
The mid-term for Intro to the Good Book took place today and I have been busily grading them (in the meantime, all of my students have headed home for their long weekend...*grrr*).
I laughed inwardly when one of my students asked very sincerely, but very anxiously, during the mid-term if I would deduct marks if s/he misspelled the name of the ruling power in the Land Between Two Rivers. I told hir "no."
I chuckled quietly as I graded when one student described the wash basin in the Mobile House of Worship as a "fountain."
But I had to laugh out loud when another student called the Second House of the Guy Upstairs (a technical term in my field) "House #2" (here, I quote verbatim from the exam).
I know that I shouldn't laugh at my students.
But sometimes, I really just can't help myself.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your entry sounds more like you are laughing "with" them (except that they don't know enough to laugh back).
Post a Comment