Just Out of Jail
I'm pleased to announce that after eighteen hours of grading 180 short answers and 106 essay questions (all hand-written, I must add!), I, Scholar-Wannabe, was released from grading jail.
As happy as I am that I'm done with grading, however, I'm really disappointed in these students.
The essay questions were provided two weeks in advance. And they were allowed to use the Good Book. And they could bring one page of notes. But the class average for the exam was a measly 65% (70% is the passing mark).
I suspect that the prof will want the grades adjusted. And for the purposes of grade statistics, I can understand. But the idea of sending these lazy students who have learned practically nothing all semester to be shepherds of the flock sends shivers down my spine. (If I could detail some of the answers that I graded, you'd agree that they've actually learned next to nothing.)
But for the moment, I will put that idea out of my mind and simply enjoy my new-found freedom from grading...
... and get down to work on a Greek translation due tomorrow.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment