Thursday, April 02, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

It might surprise you to learn that I do have some guilty pleasures and that I do indulge those guilty pleasures every now and again.

Frozen yogurt is one. But only once each semester. And only when my grading is finished. And only if I've done more walking that day than I normally do.

Loose leaf tea is another one. Flower Priest introduced me to this wonderful world of aromas and flavours when I was in TLWTMS. I know that 400 tea bags can be had for four dollars. But Orange Pekoe just cannot compare with my favourite passion fruit and mangoe blend (which I'm convinced stimulates my writing when consumed during my evening writing time).

But my greatest guilty pleasure is a new book.

I've been on a tighter budget since I quit my job at the office. I don't regret quitting (the nightmares in which I hear phones ringing are slowly diminishing), but my book collection has certainly been growing more slowly.

Until today that is. When I saw the books on sale at the bookstore. And I spotted four classics in Good Book Studies. And decided that the prices were too good to pass up.

I suspect that I'll need to forego the frozen yogurt and the loose leaf tea for a little while.

But at least I'll have four shiny new book sitting on my bookshelf.

No comments: