Why the heck did I accept the invitation to be on a panel with the Giants of North Country? Didn’t I know that they’ve all been publishing on
And I am thoroughly afraid of
It’s a twenty minute paper, which works out to a mere nine pages. But after writing seven pages, I’ve run out of things to say. And three of those pages are simply a summary of the other paper that I’m giving (this first paper had already been accepted for the program when I received the invitation to be on this panel and I presented something very similar at Small Society’s Annual Meeting in June). I’m really hoping that no one attends both of the papers that I’m giving ‘cause they’ll know right away that I’m plagiarizing myself.
What was I thinking when I accepted this invitation?!?
And now that I’ve had my freak-out, I shall attempt to write two more pages…
3 comments:
Go! Go! Short Minority Gal (SMG)! Go!
And stick to what you know, be humble, and they'll prop you up. Big burly guys like to think they are heroes of little helpless girls.
BUT, they don't know that SMG can PACK A PUNCH!
Go! Go! Short Minority Gal (SMG)! Go!
LD: Your encouragement means so much to me!
But are you ever going to let me live down that long-ago punch? =)
It was completely metaphorical when I wrote it. But I'd have to admit that the incident did cross my mind before I clicked on "publish your comment." :-)
Post a Comment