It's Not Plagiarism
I've just completed my first draft of Chapter 1 of The Thesis. The chapter is fourteen pages long, but it took only a half hour to write.
Why?
Because I copied it. The structure of the chapter, the flow of the argument, the contents of the discussion, and the entire bibliography are all transplanted from another piece of writing.
But it's not plagiarism. Because I copied it from my own thesis proposal.
Who knew that writing that proposal last year would result in less work this year?
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
"...it took only a half hour to write."
*Jaw open-wide in awe*
LD, you did read the line where I 'fessed up to the fact that most of the fourteen pages were copied from pre-existing text, right?
WHAT? Plagiarism!!!???
*Jaw drops even wider*
(No, of course I read it. :) But still, when I'm spending WEEKS working on mine, it's easy to be in awe of work done, ANY work done!)
LD, just think: when you finish your diss prop, it can be "plagiarized" for your first chapter, too!
Now THAT is something I can look forward to!
Post a Comment