You Can Never Go Home Again
I leave The City and TLWTMS and return to Hometown tomorrow.
But I'm not ready to leave.
Flower Priest, with whom I've spent time over these past few days, has asked me to articulate my reasons for not wanting to go home. And after giving it some thought, I think that the real reason is this:
I'm afraid to return to Hometown because I might discover that it isn't my home anymore.
For all intents and purposes, I've been away for six months.
Perhaps in these six months, people have changed so much that I won't know them anymore.
Perhaps so many things have happened that I won't be able to catch up on all the news.
And perhaps I've been away for so long that I've been forgotten.
Nonetheless, I will go to the airport tomorrow. And I will board the plane.
But I hope that the staff and passengers will excuse my heartbroken state and allow me to weep my little weep.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment