Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Not in Kansas Anymore

Admittedly, I've never been in Kansas.

But I have been in TLWTMS for the past six months. But I'm not there anymore.

Instead, I find myself (unwillingly) in Hometown.

Jetlag is being overcome and reverse-culture shock is setting in. I've got a whole host of emotional issues with which to deal (of the "But I don't wanna be in Hometown! I wanna be in The City!" genre). And more work to do than I've ever had before.

And as much as I doubt that there is life after TLWTMS, I will attempt to move forward.

After all, a girl can hope that her future will hold a return to TLWTMS...

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

So sorry to hear that you miss the City so much. Perhaps we can go visit together in the future, and you can show us stuff!

Scholar Wannabe said...

LD: That would be awesome! (Thanks for the sympathy...)